Training with Purpose:
Alpha Male Project, we train with purpose. There are no mirrors, phones are banned from the floor and there is not too much mucking around.
We go into the gym to hit Personal Records and to get results. That’s what training should be like.
Book in your training time. Go in with purpose and determination. Then go home. Peter Bolsius
Training with Purpose sample Program:
Do this 3 times a week with 1 to 2 days rest between.
1) Tyre Flips 3 sets x 5 reps Heavy & Powerful
2a) Deadlift 5 x 5 (2 x warm-up sets 3 x work sets)
2b) Pull-ups 5 x 5 Replace with iso-holds or recline rows if you can’t do pull-ups yet, add weight if 5s are easy.
3b) Barbell Curls 3 x 12 -15
3c) Push-ups on med ball 3 x 12-15
4) Heavy farmer’s Walks 3 x 30-40 metres.
1) Med Ball Throws or Plyo Push-ups 3 sets x 3-5 reps Strong & Powerful
2a) Bench press 5 x 5 (2 x warm-up sets 3 x work sets)
2b) Bent Rows 5 x 5 (2 x warm-up sets 3 x work sets)
3a) Dumbbell Incline Press 3 x 15-20
3b) Dumbbell Rows 3 x 15-20
3c) Walking Lunges 3 x 10/10
4) Rope slams x 20 EMOM (Each Minute On the Minute) for 5-10 minutes.
1)Long Jump, Box Jump, Shin Hops 3 sets x 3-5 reps (see video above)
2a) Back Squat 5 x 5 (2 x warm-up sets 3 x work sets) .
2b) RDLs 5 x 5 (2 x warm-up sets 3 x work sets)
3a) T-Bar Rows 3 x 8-12
3b) Dumbbell Curl & Press 3 x 10-15
3c) Hanging Leg Raise 3 x 8-12
4) Sleds drags fwd/bwd for 5-10 minutes. (wrap a chain around an old tyre & wheel and drag.)
This is pretty basic, if you do not have some of the equipment change it up, but try and keep the movement similar.
- If your knees can’t handle lunges and squats, substitute with heavy prowler or sled work.
- 2a) 2b) are to be done in superset fashion i.e. 1st a( then b) then rest
- 3a) 3b) 3c) are to done in tri-set fashion. i.e. 31 after the other no rest between. rest 1 minute after 3c)
- Replace tyre flips with DB Snatches if you do not have a big tyre
- Eat clean, (paleo/primal is always a good option) rest hard. get 7 hours sleep, love your family and just be a general good guy.
Put Training with Purpose into practice
So you have a plan, you can follow. Dump the phone and the distractions and get in and lift.
If you want some help, reach out.
We have the next round of Alpha Male Project coming up soon. If you want to be part of a team of hard charging men, just like you then CLICK HERE download my FREE e-book and get on the list.